Recipe 10 Mary Berry Mustard Chicken
I am loving mustard at the moment. I had a spare chicken in the freezer and whipped out my Mary Berry book, where of course, she has a tasty looking recipe for Mustard Chicken. And it was delicious.
Ingredients (Serves 4, but easily reduced)
1 tbsp olive oil
4 chicken breasts
1 garlic clove crushed
250ml single cream
1 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp course grain mustard
salt and pepper
parsley to garnish
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the chicken strips and garlic (I kept my chicken whole and grilled) until cooked.
- Take out chicken and keep warm, lower the temperature of the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix a little cream with the flour until you make a paste, then add the rest of the cream.
- Pour the cream into the pan and cook gently for about 2 mins until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the mustard and heat through. Season as needed.
- Return the chicken to the pan and cook until all heated through. Served with parsley.
This was such a simple but tasty meal, it is one I will remember for future. I served it was a smll amount of wild rice and veggies, but would also go well with mash!