Recipe 20 Sainsbury's Courgette and White Bean Quesadillas
I have never tried Quesadillas and after seeing a post on Twitter to this recipe from Sainsbury's, my stomach rumbled. I made the recipe for one person, and just folded over the tortilla in the pan so was easy to change the recipe.
- 100g mature British Cheddar, grated
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ½ x 31g pack fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli finely chopped (I used chilli flakes)
- 1 courgette, trimmed and grated
- 410g tin cannellini beans in water drained and rinsed. (I used a tip by Jack Munroe to keep the cost down...take a can of basics beans and rinse well)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 plain flour tortilla
- 80g bag baby leaf rocket salad (I used lettuce from my parent's greenhouse and broccoli)
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, onion, most of the coriander, the chilli, courgette, cannellini beans and carrot. Set aside.
- Brush a large frying pan with a little oil and place over a medium heat. Press 1 tortilla into the pan, then top with half of the cheese and vegetable mixture. Top with another tortilla and press down.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (invert onto a plate to turn it over), until golden and filling is hot and the cheese has melted. Remove from the pan, cover with foil to keep warm while you make the second quesadilla.
- Brush the pan with the remaining oil and repeat with the remaining tortillas and cheese and vegetable mixture. 5 Cut the quesadillas into triangles and serve with the salad on the side.