Recipe 21 BBC Good Food One-Pan Salmon
We wanted to try a new recipe with salmon and this seemed simple enough. It combined my love of salmon with asparagus, tomatoes and salmon. We found it on BBC Good Food website and my boyfriend cooked it for me.
- 400g new potatoes, halved if large
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed and halved
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 salmon fillets, about 140g/5oz each
- handful basil leaves
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Tip the potatoes and 1 tbsp of olive oil into an ovenproof dish, then roast the potatoes for 20 mins until starting to brown. Toss the asparagus in with the potatoes, then return to the oven for 15 mins.
- Throw in the cherry tomatoes and vinegar and nestle the salmon amongst the vegetables. Drizzle with the remaining oil and return to the oven for a final 10-15 mins until the salmon is cooked. Scatter over the basil leaves and serve everything scooped straight from the dish.
I did enjoy the dish, the salmon was cooked perfectly and the tomatoes were super sweet. I would have preferred a little more flavour, even if it meant a little more salt and pepper, but it was easy and just required some time in the oven. It is certainly something that you can adapt to your own taste.