Blue Cheese Scones Recipe
If you saw my fridge, there is no hiding the fact that I love cheese. I have a large tupperware pot full of differenent cheeses and it is spilling over with a total of around 9 cheeses. As well as having the usual cheese platter or sandwich, I enjoy cooking with it as well. I wanted to try using some blue cheese in a scone instead of the traditional cheddar and they came out really well! I did some just plain cheese, and others I popped a dollop of onion chutney in the middle, and while these look like they burned a little in the oven, they tasted amazing!
225g plain white flour
4 tsps baking powder
60g blue cheese
4bspn cold water
1. Preheat oven to 220c/435F/gas 7. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and cheese into a bowl. Rub in the butter.
2. Add the egg and water and mix together.
3. Pull the dough into a soft ball. Add a little water if dry but make sure it doesn't get sticky.
4. Roll out to about an inch thick on a floured surface. Cut into rounds and brush with a little mixed egg.
5. Cook on a baking tray for 10mins
Try them as an afternoon snack, warmed with butter or eat them with some soup.