Monty Bojangles Walnut and Truffle Cookie Recipe
When it comes to Christmas, there are often plenty of dinner parties to attend, and if perhaps it is you hosting, then it is always a scramble to find some crowd pleasing ideas. Home baking is a great way to impress guests and these cookie recipes from Monty Bojangles would work wonders. By using chocolate which was already delicious in the mix can only lead to great things.
125g unsalted butter, softened
110g soft brown sugar
55g white sugar
1 egg1tsp vanilla extract
150g plain flour
½tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
100g Monty Bojangles Cookie Moon Cocoa
Dusted Truffles, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy and smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat again until smooth.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into the same bowl and mix, then stir in the Monty Bojangles Truffles and walnuts.
- Spoon little piles of dough onto the baking sheets, making sure to leave plenty of space for spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, allow to cool on the trays for five minutes, then let cool completely on wire racks before serving.
This recipe is easy and simple to make. It states that the recipe would produce 12 cookies, but these are large in size are could be stretched to a few more. I did have the problem of them spreading a lot even though I placed them over two trays, so making them smaller and on more trays would help this if presentation is your thing.
Disclaimer: Monty Bojangles supplied the recipe and chocolate that went into this post, but opinions are my own.